Thursday, March 7, 2013

Elephant Withdrawl

The elephants just call to me. It's been a while since I've painted one, and so started a few days ago using a 30x40 canvas and acrylic paint. It was strange to use my larger knives again after using the small knives on panels for the past few pieces. Even stranger was using acrylic after enjoying my oils so much. The only way I can describe the acrylics in comparison to oils is to say that they seem sticky. However, I have such a nice time accomplishing the look I'm after, which I have to work on describing, and of course there is the added benefit of extremely quick dry time--that is hard to beat!

I painted my canvas black and layed in the shadows using my darkest tone for the elephant. (I am so excited about the colors for this one!) Check back to see my progress!



No comments:

Post a Comment