Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Allium Obliquum

My parents told my husband and me about the most awesome gardens called Northwind Perennial Farm in Burlington. We took our boys there one afternoon and had an amazing time exploring the paths through the different gardens and ponds. There were huge golden frogs, plants galore, antiques, geese, donkeys, chicken, swallow nests--lots of little places and things to explore for two little boys and a great place for us too. 

I took plenty of photos that day and was of course drawn to these awesome yellow alliums--had to look them up to learn their name. Loved the little purple flowers scattered behind them, with their contrasting color, shape, and size. So, I might just turn into an allium collector, or at least see how many different varieties I can paint!

8x10 Oil on Panel

No comments:

Post a Comment