Monday, March 11, 2013

Turquoise & Coral

I'm thrilled with the outcome of this bright and happy elephant painting. It was so nice to get loose again and paint on the buoyant canvas. I don't know how I would ever only paint with just oils or just acrylics, unless I am able to accomplish all that I love about both on one piece. Only one way to find out, and that is to just do it!

I definitely have to keep moving back and forth for now--quite a contrast between this 30x40 and my last few pieces, which were 5x7. My goal is to get loose with the oils on small panels, and would you believe, I've signed up for a painting class! It is a two-day workshop with one of my favorite artists named Leslie Saeta.

After I accidentally discovered palette knife painting one day and was trying it out for a while, I began looking for answers online. Her work is something that I stumbled across and began following (and also the reason I tried to paint the boat you see on my website). She paints oils on small panels--check out her site www.saetastudio.com

30x40 Acrylic on Box Canvas 
www.halliekohnart.com




No comments:

Post a Comment