Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Donkey with R & F Pigment Sticks

I purchased these R&F oil pigment sticks a few weeks ago, but have only used them to experiment by adding some finishing touches to paintings. I originally purchased and love the black and gold, then went on to order a transparent starter set. It was time for me to try doing an entire painting with them and because I was playing, this silly donkey photo I had just taken called out to me. The sticks are thick, so loose it was!

After painting the donkey, which was difficult in itself with only dark transparent colors, I remembered these could be mixed with tube paints! So... I grabbed my titanium white and cad yellow light and squeezed some on the panel to help with the background and just mixed as I went with the oil sticks. It was a blast! I'd love to know what you think of the painting!

10x10 oil on 1/8" museum quality panel


R & F Pigment Sticks
(about the size of a thick Crayola marker)




















No comments:

Post a Comment