Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Van Gogh's Bedrooms

Went to the amazing Van Gogh "Bedrooms" exhibit at the Chicago Art Institute. It was so well done and so interesting! I was inspired to attempt my first master's study, which I have never done before. Didn't focus on perfection of duplication, but tried to paint in my own style. Went for the colors as best I could, and really just enjoyed it so much. 

After viewing the exhibit, we purchased a book giving even more information. I started reading it after I finished my painting. I think it would be cool for ME to paint a second (third??) of this painting, as Van Gogh did, especially after reading the history and all of the details about his color and other choices in each painting. If you have the opportunity to see this exhibit, or even purchase the book, I highly recommend it.

11x14 on 1/8" museum quality panel
www.halliekohnart.com

















This photo shows the three bedroom paintings side by side.
Here the museum has set up a replica of Van Gogh's bedroom.
The book "Bedrooms" goes into further detail.





No comments:

Post a Comment